If time continues to go as fast as it has the past 6 months...I will be a grandmother in a year. Well, not really (thank goodness).
Our family update consists of the following:
David has been very busy working his new job (take 2) @ MotorCity. I will let him explain more of that on his blog however, he seems to busy as well and that may not happen.
Alex survived marching band...Not sure I did so well but he did amazing. They had very difficult music this year. They had a wonderful opportunity to do the Bands of America in St. George, UT. They did not place nor did they win any awards in other comps either this season. This was unusual as they have consistently won many awards year after year. I was able to go to St. George with Alex and it was fun. I got one last suntan for the winter. When you combine a narcissistic band director with a BIG ego that equals failure. I had a "conversation" with the director & decided he is a worthless human being & waste of flesh. He blamed the kids for the loss & their lack of talent. Not true! I could go into specific details, but it is not really worth much effort. On the other hand, Alex did very well (grade wise) the first trimester of school. He has many friends that are girls, but nothing note worthy. I am glad. Let's keep the focus here. Alex was recently called as Teacher Quorum President. He struggles with this..but is learning leadership.
Ben kept us busy with football..boy what a relief when that was over. They won 0 games, but learned long suffering. Ben was recruited to the 8th grade wrestling team this year. He has never had a desire to wrestle, but knowing that would give him an advantage to play Poky football next year...he was on board.. Ben has amazed us all and has won many matches. He is looking at City Championship soon. At the same time he is playing city bball. He likes that & David has enjoyed assisting coach the Red Raiders as well. Ben has maintained his straight "A" goal & continues with trombone as well. Let's just say we will all be glad when wrestling & city bball is over...He is looking forward to focusing more on trombone again. Ben continues as Deacon Quorum President as well.
Zach was moved to 6th middle school rather than continue on to 6th grade @ the Elementary school. He has made some great new friends..and we are all glad that he has a jump start to middle school. He is excelling and enjoying the food. Which is a BIG achievement for Zach. We constantly have to hound him to eat..Zach finished playing football with the Lions. It was a difficult season as Zach took the death of his coach last July very hard. He is unsure if he will ever play again. I have had Zach at the doctors, audiologist, physical & occupational therapist the last 3 months. He was finally diagnosed with Benign Positional Vertigo. He is doing much better and has learned to deal with occasional dizziness. Zach will do track in the spring.
Gabby is such a wonderful help at home. She is able to cook easy meals & will usually keep things picked up & cleaned. I love spending time with her..however, she is a bit moody at times. She just turned 10 and has learned the definition of "mean girls." She is not a girl to be messed with. She is feisty and has found herself a friend whom is a boy. Like how I put that? Gabby enjoyed flag football on a team full of boys. They had a great season. Gabby is now playing bball. We are encouraging sports with Gabby and keep on top of her activities.
Where did the Fall go?
I have been working in the office at a home health agency anywhere from 18-32 hrs a week. I also teach Primary (zach's class). Recently, I have picked up a few hours @ MotorCity doing their Internet marketing.
So if you wonder why I haven't posted anything for awhile...now you know.
Thursday, December 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
So good to hear how you're doing! And I love that your kids are finding lessons even in their losses. What good kids! It always surprises me that Ben is as young as he is. He's always been so mentally old that I always think of him as 16 or something. can't believe he's still a deacon. Not for long though! Miss you guys!
What a fall! Shew! No wonder we have not heard from you!
Post a Comment