CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, December 3, 2010

Don't Judge

Today on my way to work I stopped @ the mini mart to pick me up a Diet Pepsi...(don't judge!)..I know I gave it up a year or more ago, but I really needed one this morning.
As I was paying for my beverage..I was astonished to see a man in front of me in line paying for his coffee & sandwich. He was using a few expletives and saying that at the shelter he could not have coffee. This man was not your stereotypical homeless man. He was clean, did not smell, & seemed well spoken (except for the foul language coming out of his mouth).
So I began to wonder...what had happened to this man where he now lives in a shelter? Did he once or does he now have a family? Does he have warm food to eat every night? Why can't he have coffee @ the shelter? and the most poignant question is...Is he happy & ok being homeless?
I really believe that one can be happy & content being homeless. There is a sense of freedom. There is a feeling of adventure. However, there is also the feeling of wandering.
There are many faces of homelessness..I know..because someone near & dear to me was once homeless.

1 comments:

Bethany

Very interesting that you should post this right now. I was just about to write something about our two homeless experiences today. I think I still will. But you bring up very good questions.

I've missed your posts! Now two in one day! And yey for Pepsi! It's so good, huh? :)

If you guys are able to come down sometime this month, we'd love to see you! We're having salmon alfredo for dinner on Sunday.....

Post a Comment