CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Extreme Day..

Sunday David & I volunteered at the the Extreme Makeover house in Pocatello. We started out clean & ended dirty, sweaty, & stinky.
The house is 6000 sq ft with 5 bedrooms, 5 1/2 bathrooms, and a studio apt above the garage. The color of the house reminds me of the color of Grandma's house in Maryland. There were granite counter tops, custom cabinets, and beautiful dentil moulding. The ceilings were about 9-12 feet high and the basement was left 1/2 unfinished. There was a beautiful fireplace in the living room (no pics allowed) and each room was very unique & carefully designed.

There was a huge crowd gathered hoping to grab a peek at a celebrity. They were cheering the workers on and really excited for Tuesday when they will move that BUS!
This is David, The Bachlorette (Jillian), & I on the street corner. She was tiny. She maybe weighed 80 lbs.



So um like wow this was Ed..yes he was very good looking and well can you say "yummy?"
David shoveling rock in the bucket. He is the guy with his head down the lowest. Way to go honey...Move that rock!



Me, the Hollywood Caterer (Ricardo), & David..This guy was great. He feeds the crew & 350 people twice a day. I am sure he does not get enough KUDOS for what he does.


David & I were the Bartenders, as I would like to call it. We carried water, juice, soda, & Gatorade to all volunteers & crew at the job site & beyond. Let me tell you it was heavy! So, as we were walking by the "Arts" tent, David starting singing "Water" in a melodic voice..and Paul said " Hey, get that guy over here he can sing" So David pretended to be fixing a chair and Paul was conducting a quartet of workers. The crew filmed it! We hope that it makes the final cut for the show!


This family is coming home on Tuesday from a Florida Keys vacation. They are a well deserving family and I think will appreciate all the hard work & effort in building them a new home. I can't wait to see the the show next month!

We were there 8 hours working. Our feet hurt, we are exhausted, & sunburned. I am so gald we did it!

4 comments:

Bethany

Ed is hot.

H. O. T.

So be sure to tell us when we can see it on tv!! Like, seriously. Don't space it.

Heidi

what a fun thing to do, when is the show?

Marcy Kestner

The show will air in October! I can't wait..i will tell you all the exact date on facebook.

Todd and Andrea Kestner Family

What a neat opportunity!! Let me know when the show is and Todd and I will try and watch it.

Post a Comment