When Ben was a toddler he was full of mischief. He was tormenting his brother Alex and on occasion would fight with his cousin,Hunter. I had to wonder if Ben would ever live to be a teenager. He was so full of determination, spunk, attitude, and fight. Well, nothing has changed.
Today my Benny is 13. I know he hates it when I call him that, but oh well. Ben was born 2 weeks early and was a tiny short skinny little man. He had a mature old man face and came out wanting food. Susie quickly gathered he doll clothes for Ben and he wore them for a few weeks. He was slow to grow.
Now the boy is 6'0 and growing faster then I can keep up. He is strong as an ox and has a great sense of humor (always has).
Ben is always there to help me when I need something done. He loves scouts and wants to get Eagle before Alex. Ben is a hard worker. When he was barely 12 he climbed on my widowed neighbors roof for 2 days and helped roof a house. He was sunburned, but did not complain once. He makes me proud. I often feel undeserving. Ben is also the Deacon's Quorum President and take this title very serious. He spends much time in prayer and meetings to help those around him. He is a great example. Ben is constantly making me laugh and lightens any stressful situation. Ben is talented musically. He was recently selected to be in Honors Band for the district. Ben is also very aggressive and talented in sports. He loves football! Ben is a good friend and a leader.
I cannot believe my tiny little baby boy is 13 today. He makes me laugh, cry, and be proud all at the same time. I love you Benny.




3 comments:
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday dear Benny bugger butt baby, you were suppoesd to me mine......
Happy Birthday to you.
tons o love Your Great Aunt Heidi
(your card went in the mail today, I've been busy playing with Aunt Bethany and Uncle Andy in NYC and DC!)
Well deserved words of praise! I love Ben! Tell him happy birthday for me and that I think he's a stud!
Happy B-day Ben!!! I hope you had a great day.
Post a Comment