Monday, March 1, 2010
The greatest dad(s) in the world
As I came home from work today I pulled into the driveway as David was pulling out for his evening job. We won't see each other til 10 pm tonight. We did say a quick morning before he left for his framing job. This is our life. It is a good life. I think in the almost 18 years since we have been married we have seen our ups and downs in our family. We have fought hard battles and have accepted defeat many times. However, we have had each others love to pull through those moments that have seemed so hard. I am thankful for this man I have, but more importantly I am thankful for the man who raised him. I am thankful for the strong work ethic that has been handed down to David by him. There is never a whine, complain, or growl. He puts on the tag and goes. This example is profoundly seen by the children and often goes without a proper "thanks dad." We love you David and dad for working 14 hours a day 5 days a week and every weekend since October. We know you are the man who feeds us, clothes us, and gives us a bed to sleep in at night. And thanks Mike for setting this example for your family. We love you both.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comments:
Oh...how very touching! I have tears. My Daddy really did teach us through his marvelous example what it takes to raise and support a large family. Do you know that my dad only took sick time when he was out after is triple by-pass? Otherwise I do not believe he missed a single day his whole career. It also brings to mind my Grandma's efforts at raising a family almost entirely on her own. She too did not take any sick days. Wow. I have ALWAYS said we come from a long legacy of love but we also come from a long legacy of sacrifice and good examples. Thanks Marcy. Go David Go!
Post a Comment