My Aunt Kate called me the other night. It was late and I was just watching tv before dozing off. I was so glad she called because I had been thinking of her.
She proceeded to tell me about her recent trip to Haiti. She has enjoyed many trips to Haiti over the years and this last one was a trip that I am sure she will recall for many years to come. I was shocked to hear that she had been in Haiti and returned back home just 2 days prior to the devastating earthquake. I don't think I will soon forget the stories she told me of the children who are now orphans and the children with missing limbs and infections. I am grateful for her strength and willingness to help the those who cannot help themselves.
And then I begin to think of all the small blessings I have in my life. How can I complain without sounding ungrateful? I can't. It is the small blessings that we recieve each day that we may be aware of and many times not that make me pause. I am grateful for children who are healthy, a home that provides shelter, food in my cubboards, and vehicles that run. I am grateful for my husband and extended family for their support and belief in me. I am grateful for the neighbor that gives me a hug and a smile at church on Sunday. I am grateful for being able to walk and run without pain. I am thankful for friendships, ice cream, and sleeping children. Most importantly I am thankful for a loving Heavenly Father who blesses me each and everyday undeservingly.
Sunday, March 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comments:
You deserve it. You're a wonderful mom. Don't forget that!
Post a Comment