CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, January 22, 2010

Walk in my Shoes

How many times have we seen frazzled mothers in the grocery store with children with dirty faces crying & screaming and thought poorly of that mother?

How many times have we seen a homeless man holding a sign on the street corner begging for $ or food and drive by?

How many times have you seen someone using food stamps at the grocery store and thought hmmm now there's good use of MY tax dollars?

Mother Teresa once said, "If you judge people, you have no time to love them."

I challenge myself and others to look upon others with eyes of compassion & love. To be less judgemental.
Until we have walked in that person's shoes we have no clue what they have been through and/or are going through. Would you be willing to trade shoes with someone?

2 comments:

David Kestner

NICE! Feeling philosophical?

Bethany

I would trade with someone who had a pair of Jimmy Choo's ... :)

But seriously, no. I would not want to trade with anyone. I have it too good. But good reminder to be compassionate and Christ-like.

Post a Comment