CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Percy Jackson


Since school has been messed up for me recently, I have decided to once again become a reader. To take my brain to another place and leave the daily stresses behind is wonderful. There are so many things to accomplish in the house, yet I find myself wanting to brush it aside and sit and read for an hour.
A FB friend and teacher at the elementary school recommeded i read the series Percy Jackson and the Olympians book 1 The Lightening Thief. So for Christmas I bought the first 2 books in paperback in this series.
It is exactly what I needed. This book is an easy read, yet keeps your attention and has a gerat amount of suspense, drama, & fantasy. Zach has read the first book as well and really enjoyed it. This would also be a great book to read to smaller kids, although it could be scarey at times.
I was able to read the first book casually within 2 weeks or so. Now I have moved on to book 2, The Sea of Monster's. 4 chapters in and loving it as well.
Who says you need to be a kid to read youth books?

2 comments:

Bethany

I agree! Youth books have so much imagination and simplicity. I just read one called The Saturdays. It was written half a century ago, and it is still fabulous!

Heidi

This is a movie!
I saw the trailer in my AVATAR movie tonight.
What a great movie.

Post a Comment