Today the kids are out of school an hr early. I am trying this new chore experiment. I wrote several chores on slips of paper and put them in a bowl. Since Zach & Gabby are the first ones home from school they chose first. They each picked 4. Soon we will be saying goodbye to Fall and hello to Winter. It was a perfect opportunity to have the kids get the yard cleaned up. Mowing, scooping doggy do, sweeping my neighbors leaves out of my carport, and pulling weeds.
Looking good so far. I figured that the inside can get cleaned on those rainy snowy cold days. They are soon to come.
This new game has worked well so far. I will try anything to get my 10 yr old to not throw himself on the floor in a girlish manner and whine about how he hates doing chores. Gabby thought it was great. She got to mow. Of course, I helped her. With the new siding up, the house looks so nice this Fall. Soon Alex & Ben will be coming home and we shall see if this new "chore" game works for them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
I like it. I may have to give it a try because our chore chart gets forgotten sometimes. Good idea, Marcy!
Post a photo of your house in it's new "clothes!" So far I am too OCD to have my kids actually do much more than clean up after themselves (pick up/put away jackets, shoes, clothes, etc!) Perhaps one day...or maybe not (I grimmace at the half-assed jobs that I am sure I will have to follow)!
Dang Alex looks like my dad! He frightens me sometimes!
Post a Comment