CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, October 19, 2009

Blessing's

For 15 years I have had the joy & tears of staying at home with my kids. Together the kids & I have enjoyed trips to the park, graduating from diapers, cleaning up vomit, helping with homework, volunteering, learning how to read, walk, & talk, and learning life lessons. Realizing that all my kids are in school full-time (BTW-when did that happen?) and I am almost done with my online college education; it is time to find a part-time job.
The job I was hoping to start in July will come to fruition here at the end of the month. I was wanting something now. So, I made a contact with a local home health agency and took a job as a home health aide. I was not sure how I would feel about it, but I feel fulfilled. The work is not difficult or back breaking. Just emotionally rewarding at times. These ladies have taught me things that being home with my children all day could never have taught me.
I am grateful for this opportunity to help bring some joy into others lives as they near the end of their lives. I am grateful for the growth of my soul and a different sense of gratitude for simplicity.

3 comments:

Bethany

Pretty exciting! I hope you enjoy it.

Mindy

A blessing indeed! I am happy for you and this new phase in life!

Andrea

Sounds like a great opportunity.

Post a Comment