Sometimes I just need a family day. A day where cell phones are not ringing. Kids are not asking to be taken somewhere at a ridiculous time of the morning or to be dropped off at football practice and where husbands are home from working out of state for more then 3 days. Sunday was a family day. Yes, I should have been in church. That would have been the proper example for my kids. However, I will take full responsibility for my actions. With my allergies out of control I had not planned on going anyways. So, instead I thought I would drag my family into the depths of sin & skip church.
We loaded up a cooler with sandwich items, beverages, and snacks and headed to Bear Lake.
WhooHoo! I love Bear Lake. The water is clear, warm, and clean. We headed out at noon. Drove through Montpelier and soon reached Bear Lake. Nobody was there. Why? It was a perfect day! Maybe, because it was 73 degrees outside. I did not care. I wanted to soak my body in the water and rinse the allergens out & off of me. The water was not as cold as the ocean, but pretty dang cold. It felt great. Ben, Zach, Gabby, David, & I all got in as Alex looked on. Typical. The kids built sand castle's, David read, & I kept us all fed. Soon it was time to leave and we headed home via Logan Canyon. What a sight. The Fall colors were brilliant! Families were out for a one last weekend camping trip before winter comes. We stopped and visited historic markers along the way.
We all had a great time....we laughed til we cried, ate junk til we almost puked, and made some great family day memories! No regrets.
We all had a great time....we laughed til we cried, ate junk til we almost puked, and made some great family day memories! No regrets.




3 comments:
I haven't been to Bear Lake since the month before Andrew came home from his mission. I had forgotten how awesome it is! Glad you got a family day - the pictures look like you had a fantastic time! The fall leaves are gorgeous!
What a fantastic day. Beautiful photos and wonderful memories of a spectacular fall day with family.
Good on you.
xo
AH
Looks like everybody had a great time!!! Although I must say it has to be warmer then 75 degrees for me to get into the water.
Post a Comment