After many years of taking my small children to dance classes, soccer practices, birthday parties, and scouts I really thought I was busy. And I was! I love that part of my life. Running here and there. I love(d) being the stay at home mom. Daily laundry, mopping floors, cleaning toilets, weeding the flower beds, volunteering at the school, and helping run a construction company was a daily ritual. I could enjoy a church calling as well and find time to watch a little TV or read a book. That was then.
In a previous post I talked about change. The change refers to being in a different era in life. While some of my friends and family are still having babies; I have entered mid life. No, I am not having a crisis. At time it feels as if I am.
Back to the advice this wise woman gave me. She is so right. My days start at 6:00 am and end at 11:00 pm. I am not complaining or whining about this because this is the choice I have made having 4 children. I start with Marching Band, packing lunches, go workout, shower, then college school work, laundry, house cleaning, grocery shopping, and then to hurry home by 2:00 pm for when Zach & Gabbi come home from school. Snacks, homework, supervising chores, and then off to dance @ 3:15. Ben arrives at 3:45 he has one hour to be ready for football practice. Oops, Alex had extra band practice today so back into town I go to pick him up. 4:30 time for dinner! 5:00 off I go to take Ben & Zach to football practice. Sometimes we carpool with others. What a relief that is. Home I go and finish feeding the other 2. David's home. More laundry! Time to go pick up the boys from practice. It's 8:00 and Ben & Zach are hungry AGAIN! hustle and bustle to get them all to bed by 9:00, but usually does not happen til 10. 1 hour of cleaning up the kitchen finishing laundry and 15minutes of TV. Ahhh, sleep. Just to turn around and the whole day starts all over again tomorrow.
Thanks to that wise woman who raised 6 great children. She is my inspiration for getting through this. I love you, Sandy.




2 comments:
Great! Things to look forward to...thanks...
Wow...reading it was exhausting! I just read it to mom...she was very touched. She is so good at being selfless!!! Fun, fun!
Post a Comment