Frosted with luscious, fluffy cream cheese frosting, these mini cakes couldn't be easier to make.
I found this recipe on http://www.msn.com/ homepage a few weeks ago.
Ingredients:
1 pkg white cake mix
1 pkg (3.4 oz) jell-o lemon flavor instant pudding
1 cup water
4 egg whites
2 tbsp oil
1 pkg (8 oz) cream cheese
1/4 cup softened butter
2 tbsp lemon juice (real or imitation)
1 pkg (16 oz) powdered sugar
Directions:
Heat Oven to 350 degrees F.
Beat the first 5 ingredients in a large bowl with mixer on low speed until moistened. Then, beat on medium speed 2 more minutes. Spoon into 18-24 yellow paper lined muffin cups (2/3 full).
Bake 21-24 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes; remove to wire racks. Cool completely.
Beat cream cheese, butter, & juice with mixer until well blended. Gradually add sugar, beating at low speed after each addition until well blended. ( I doubled the frosting b/c I like more then just a smear on my cupcake). Spread or pipe onto cupcakes.
Variation: For a special extra touch, blend 1 tsp of lemon zest into frosting before spreading onto cupcakes.
( I did and was so yummy & fresh!)
Note: I added a few secret ingredients to this & have modified this recipe by filling with vanilla pudding(after cooled) & topping with light cool whip with lemon zest. Make sure you keep refrigerated.
Enjoy! & let me know what you think after you bake them..
Saturday, September 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
so how did you fill with vanilla pudding? and what are the secret ingredients?
poke a hole an inch down & in the center and put some pudding or slightly set lemon jell-o in there. It's easy..you can fill a sandwhich baggy with the pudding & cut a small hole to squeeze out the pudding into the hole.
Post a Comment