CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, June 18, 2010

Hey, Now wait a minute!


I am 1 week out of surgery, yesterday..and I got to thinking...tonight as insomnia was kicking my butt...what happened to my 40th Birthday?
With all the hullabaloo of preparing for a surgery..I missed my own birthday!
There was no fancy dinner. No balloons. No flowers. No surprises. I didn't even have to wear that goofy pin that says "Today is my 40th Birthday!" that I made David wear all day on his 40th. I did however, get many texts, FB wishes, & cards..But...
I look back now and think I got cheated!
Isn't it a extra special birthday when you turn 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, etc..
It is a big deal..I think. Maybe not..Because June 8th was just like any other day. In fact, I made David's favorite meal for my birthday dinner and I picked out my own cake. Now, I am not saying it wasn't a special day..it was just another ordinary day in my life.
I guess the real gift is the savings on all the Feminine Hygiene products I will not have to buy for myself and the gift of paying several hundreds of dollars for my surgery...ok. I guess that is fair.
Now, I am not dissing on my family... or spouse..I know he loves me and would give me the moon. Maybe he was preoccupied & to busy to make a BIG deal out of it. That's ok. I luv him!
Maybe, next year I can party it down...when I turn 41! Whoo Hoo!
So here's a big cheer for turning 40!

0 comments: