How do you comfort a child who is grieving? How do you help them understand death?
Today Pocatello High School Band had a death in their "family." Tomorrow there is a competition in Rexburg. Minus one bassoon player.
The sorrow in Alex's face is hard to describe and unfortunatly he will experience this again and again.
I am so sorry Alex that you have to know what it feels like to loose a fellow classmate. I am so sorry that there will be a missing person in your band. I don't even know what to say to help you, but I am grateful for the knowledge of the gospel. And I know you know that we have a merciful God and he will heal our hearts.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comments:
That's a really hard thing for kids to experience, and he'll likely remember it all his life.
There was a boy in high school with me who died in a car accident over spring break when he was a junior, I was a sophomore. Unfortunately, I hadn't treated him very nicely and I always wished after that that I had been kinder. How we treat people while they are a part of our lives is so important - even if it's just for a small space of time. I'm sure Alex can look back on his memories of this classmate without the regrets that I had to.
Give him hugs from us!
Post a Comment