CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

What you get for the money

Just thought I would share what I have been up to since the New Year. I can honestly say this is the first time I have kept a New Year's resolution this long.
My goal was to start using coupons more. I thought that if I could save between $10-$20 a month it would be worth it. I think I have exceeded that goal.
I joined a few blog groups that teach Coupon Cutting 101. I became a quick study on this and now I feel confident in my coupon cutting skills. I am still learning every week and I ask questions from the "professionals." Even the cashier's get a kick out out of the savings. They have taught me the most. It has become exciting and maybe a little obsessive.
So how much do you think I paid for the groceries in the above picture? First let me tell you that there is:
20 Dannon yogurts
4 cans chunky soup
8 boxes of cereal
6- 8 ct packs of pop tarts
2 gallons milk
Hot dog buns ( needed them for dinner)

So if you think I am bragging...ok. I guess I am. I am bragging about the fact that I can make more $ by using coupons then I do at my job. I am bragging that I can save enough $ to fill my vw many times over with fuel. I am bragging because I only spend 1 hr a week cutting, filing, and planning my coupons.
A couple of years ago my nephews commented that they thought we were rich because I bought boxed cereal. Well, Dallin, Hunter, Mason, Aiden, & Gavin what do you think of this? Aunt Marcy has her 3+ month food storage supply.

5 comments:

Liz Cook

You never told me how much you spent.... don't keep my waiting!!

Heidi

And I thought you bought David 4o boxes of cereal for his 40th! What did you spend? And what did you save?
Love a good sale. I am the queen of coupon shopping!....but nothing like that blog you sent me to!
It's GRRRRRRRREEEEATTTTTT!

Heidi

HOW MUCH DID YOU SPEND?????????????

Marcy Kestner

$24.00. could have been better, I guess.

Heidi

that is fansastic!

Post a Comment