Monday, March 15, 2010
Happy Birthday David
I decorated David's truck and the front window to announce his special birthday. He did not get any people honking at him yesterday, but today before the car wash we got a few honks. I also took some balloons to him at work and made him a button that said "It's my 40th Birthday today." He wore it all day. When he came home we had stroganoff and had some friends over for cake and ice cream. The boys played the Happy Birthday song as their special gift to David. I got him a strawberry cheesecake, but the Texas sheet cake was incredible. He blew out all 40 candles and it almost set off the smoke alarm. He opened up his gifts. I made some "old age" gag gifts and had some of his friends sign a card for him as well. Overall it was a good day. Lot's of planning, but I think it went well. David is now planning my 40th birthday surprises. Can't wait.



Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comments:
So good of you to take the time to make it a special day for him. Cause, you know - he probably doesn't have many left.
40!!!
:) Sorry, I can't help myself!
When you were 15, did you ever picture yourself being that old? I never even thought past my twenties. Maybe that's why I'm freaking out so much.
Post a Comment