CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, February 5, 2010

Happy 15th Birthday Alexander

I can't believe that it has been 15 years.
Alex was a text book pregnancy, labor, & delivery. Everything went well.
We arrived at Bess Kaiser Hospital around lunch time on the 6th of February 1995. I had been having constant contractions since 730 am. I knew it was time and I was ready. David decided to ease his nervousness by going out and buying some shoes while I labored at home. My mom was there so no worries. I was not upset with David about this because I was in my "zone." I just think it is funny.
After getting checked into the hospital it gets kind of goes blurry. What I do remember is the crowd of family in the waiting room ready to hear the exciting news of the first Kestner grandson! It was a party in there so I have heard.
I was happy to recieve a epideral. When it was time to push the nurse told me. David was there and very supportive even while football was on tv. 45 minutes later out pops Alexander Knight Kestner. Whoo-Hoo.
He was a tall and a skinny baby. 21 inches. 7 lb 7 1/2 oz. Yep, not much has changed.
Our lives changed at that point though. I rejoiced in having a healthy baby and I knew he was a miracle.
Happy Birthday Son! I love you.

4 comments:

Heidi

15! YIKES! Where does the time go?
Drivers permit? Girls? Dating? Senior? Mission? College? Married? Grandbabies! All in the next decade! And think how fast the last 15 have gone!

Marcy Kestner

whoa! That is a bit overwhelming! We are focusing on grades, eagle, driving, and hormone control for now.

Bethany

Whoa... Fifteen. That's amazing! How time flies, huh? He is a good kid.

Mindy

I was there in that excitable waiting room. It was so awesome! I remember how David looked holding his brand new first born son. He looked so proud. I am grateful to have shared the last 15 years with him and you!

Post a Comment