CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Fashion

I am one who doesn't get excited about fashion, but today it all changed. Judy Tolman is a mom of 4 boys and lives in my neighborhood area. Ben just happens to be good friends with her son, Cameron. About 4 months ago a friend of Judy's came down with skin cancer. Judy thought there should be some kind of sun safe swimwear out there so she could help her friend. She had no luck locating any. So, she put pencil to paper and started creating designs that were in her head. Got her sewing machine running and off she went to make suits for herself, family, and her now cancer free friend. She received so many compliments at the pool she decided "Hey, I might have something here!"
Today Gabbi & I went to Sun Safe Swimwear Launch Party. The suits are amazing. They are modest, sexy, cover those areas that fair skinned people such as me need covered, and are reasonably priced. Judy has seen so much success over the past few months all because she had the desire to help out a friend and act.
How many times have we had a great idea and not followed through with it? Sure it takes money, time, and a lot of trial and error. I honestly think where there is a will there is a way. What great ideas have we had that we have let slip through our fingers because we delayed or lacked the know how or ambition?
Judy is a woman I look at as not being lucky, but inspiring.
I hope you will take a moment to look at her suits on her website. The photography was done by Nema Blanchard who is in my ward. She is so talented as well.
http://www.sunsafeswimwear.biz/default.asp

0 comments:

Post a Comment