CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, November 22, 2009

Time

Lately, I have been extremely stressed out. You name it. I am stressed about it. Truly. At the fore front of my stresses is my internship. I have 8 weeks to get 80 hrs of work in . There are 3 weeks left. I think I have 30 hrs completed. Now I might be hard on myself here, but truly time is not on my side.
In church today a speaker spoke of time. This urked me. I wanted to stand up and leave. The whole time I am thinking I need to be at home putting in hours for my internship. I watched the clock tick away...slowly. Anyway, he said that after 8 hours of sleep a night x 7, we have 112 hours per week to do with what we may.
112 hrs! WOW. that is a 3 digit number, but not a lot of time in 7 days to do the things that need to be done. There is cooking, cleaning, taxi cab driver, school, work, etc. I could go on and on.
So, I got to thinking how do I spend my time? really. Am I spending every minute I can to accomplish the things that first need to be done and second want to have done.
Should I make a list of priorities and post them on the wall. Mark them off as I go during the week? Until I am done with this internship, nothing will get done. The toilets may go. The floors may get a bit sticky, I am even considering postponing Christmas this year. It may come to that for one reason or another.
I feel the bell's palsy kicking in again. ugh.

3 comments:

Heidi

I love lists. They keep me focused. Put intership at the top every day. Do nothing till you have 4 hours done on the intership every moring, THEN you can move on. You'll be done in a flash.
It all seems so easy from 2000 miles away. But that has to take priority. Nothing else.

Andrea

I know exactly how you feel. Two years as R.S. President and the need for more time was huge. I did learn to put household chores on hold and set my priorities up very differently. Good luck!! I know you can do it.

Marcy Kestner

Hope is alive. I have 38 hrs. Pray I get those other 40 in by dec. 17th. Gonna be tight.

Post a Comment