CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, August 23, 2009

school days

Today is a day of reflection and celebration.
Tomorrow my 4 children will be off to school once again. Alex is entering high school at poky high as a freshman. He is in Marching Band, Pep Band, & Concert Band. Ben is starting middle school. He will be attending Irving Jr high as a 7th grader. He too will enjoy 2 band classes as well as other academic classes. Zach is excited to be a 5th grader at the elementary school around the corner. He has gotten SO tall this summer. Gabbi is entering the 3rd grade at the same school as Zach. They will walk together.
I remember walking to school as a girl. It was several blocks from my house, yet excited me. I doddled a bit as I walked. Looking at all the cars drive by and the flowers in the neighbors yard. I would carry my metal lunch pail and umbrella as I lived in WA. Olympic school was great, but i wanted to ride a big yellow school bus. Finally, my dream came true. We moved and I enjoyed many rides on a bus, life long friendships, and memorable moments at Beacon Hill Elementary. Who likes Jr high? Not me! I enjoyed high school, but was ready to be out.
As my kids go to school tomorrow...I hope they treasure these moments of their lives. I hope they meet new friends. I hope they are safe and happy. I will miss them, but realize that these truly are the best years of their lives.

1 comments:

Andrea

Hopefully all went well with the first day of school. My boys don't start school until next wednesday.

Post a Comment