It was the shortest weekend I have ever known. Today is Monday. Monday, Monday, Monday.
Who named the days of the week? I don't know! All I know is that I am in survival mode for the next 5 days. David is once again gone to UT. It seems so wrong as he leaves at 630 in the morning to head to work. Why can't he have an abundance of work right here in SE Idaho? Anyway, enough babbling & whining.
This weekend David got to ride his 4 wheeler with friends. I was glad for him. He loves to ride. It is a stress reliever for him. Ben also rode a motorcycle that some friends lent him. He had a blast! Gabbi got to ride with our Bishop on a motorcycle. She was disappointed that daddy would not let her ride the motorcycle all by herself because she "was a girl!" Maybe because she was daddy's girl. Unfortunately, Zach & Alex did not join us for our evening out. Zach is having troubles with his asthma & so I had Alex (a home body) stay with him. We brought along fried chicken & Jo Jo's & plenty of H20. We enjoyed friendship & a great campfire. I was not in the picture taking mood so there are no pics. Shame.
Alex starts marching band rehearsal this week. Everyday for the next 3 1/2 months. He is already running late...so we shall see. He is learning a new instrument this year..french horn.
This week we have mowing to do. I am not sure what else after that. Any ideas for cheap entertainment for older kids??? Really! My sanity is at stake. Last week's arguing, fighting, & disobedience is still fresh in my head. I need some ideas.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
I know what you mean. I had a lost it on Thursday last. All the arguing etc. got to me. The real frustrating thing is we had done all kinds of fun stuff all week. So much for keeping busy. What is the formula for happy families again. : )
My girlfriend Mary, with 4, has gone back to work to support the never ending need for funds. While her 2 youngest boys were home this summer they were in charge of Tuesday night dinner. They bussed to the local farmers market, list in hand of the food they needed. bussed home. chopped cooked and prepairded dinner. Many problems solved. Mary came home to dinner. The boys had a job, they were busy and out and about. AND they are learning to cook. The favorite dinner of the summer so far? Chicken fahitas..........Mary of course helps with dinner suggestions.....just a thought.
your lovin' aunt
Heidi
Post a Comment