CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

This working out thing might be working out..

If you didn't know this about me I am a woman who is motivated by other people's good example's. People that have no idea they motivate me. I watch them. I am learning from them constantly. I am figuring out what they have been doing to make their bodies look great & more importantly healthy & strong. For this I thank Randie!

For about 5 weeks now I have been going to the gym. I started 2 days a week. Then, I found a class on Wednesday. So, now it is 3 days a week. 3 days a week now for about 3 weeks straight. No misses. This I am very proud of because I have always told myself "I hate working out!" No more "I love working out!" I love the fact that I can bend over and not feel like my back is going to give out. I love the fact that I am losing the infamous "mom arm's!" I love the fact that I have dropped 2 clothes sizes! I love the fact that my stomach is flat once again even after 4 kids! So, with all this benefits from just working out 3 days a week I have decided to add 2 more days.

The only part of this working out thing is that I have failed to start eating healthier. I still love potato chips, ice cream (on occasion), and pasta. I wonder what would happen if I chose better foods? hmmm.

Maybe, after I master my 5 days a week then I can master my eating habits. One thing at a time. No pressure!

My goal is to be the healthiest I can by the time I am 40! and secretly I would love to be able to run a short marathon. My chiropractor doesn't think I should run, but I WANT to. I think I can.
I think I will try. Maybe for my 40th birthday! Stay tuned.

1 comments:

Bethany

OK, if you hadn't commented on my blog, I never would have known you had one! Thank you! And I'm so glad you do, because I love reading people's blogs. So, with that said...

GOOD FOR YOU! I admire you for sticking to the workout. I really need to start doing something with myself too, but I have not yet found the willpower. And yes, eating healthier would likely give you even more dramatic results, but doesn't going to the gym make you feel better about junk food? Like you worked your tail off, and now you can eat those chips without guilt or extra pounds? I seem to remember feeling that way back when I ran 5 days a week. (For about one week. I suck.)
And now that your marathon secret is out, you'll probably be more likely to follow through! We should all confess our secret dreams and goals so we can gain the support of others.

POWER TO YA!

Post a Comment