CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, December 1, 2011

once upon a time...

I used to think i was SO busy in life...
changing diapers, cleaning toilets, doing laundry, holding a calling, volunteering in the classroom, taking kids to the dr., baking cookies, shopping, etc
That was just a warm up. You know the stretches you do before you start exercising? That is exactly what that part of my life was...A warm up!
i love this part of my life where my kids are older & independent. They can feed themselves & hopefully soon transport themselves as well. This is the best part of my life...busy..
When I go to work for 5 hrs a day I feel like i am at the spa. Because from 2-9 everyday..I am running. basketball, wrestling, band concerts, dr apts, " Mom i forgot my shoes!", scouts, etc
Nope the house gets put on hold..but, a good cleaning on Friday-sun..if we are not doing bball.
Soon they will all trickle out..then it will be just david & i..& of course..a child might come calling home on occasion. Will we even recognize each other? Like 2 strangers that pass in the night now.
This is really the good times in life. Being engaged in what your family is doing. This is temporary..I keep telling myself  as I pour the diet Pepsi down my throat each day.
I will keep exercising every day..& enjoy the journey because one day I may just be sitting around the (clean) house wondering what everyone is up to.




1 comments:

Heidi

Ben is a clone of David!
Enjoy your "busy" life, cause as you said, before you know it, you'll have more diapers to change. Only this time they will be one generation away!
Huggums,H

Post a Comment