Thanksgiving and Christmas were always a special time when I was a child. I dare not repeat or will I share any of my true thoughts on how some of my holidays actually were growing up...I got in trouble for sharing too much this time last year in my blog.
Anyway, it was always full of family time. Uncles, Aunts, cousins, Grandparents.....
There was wonderful food..Grandpa Peterson's incredibly smooth Rocky Road. Grandma Peterson's rolls..heaven! My Grandma Ross could make a wonderful pot of clam chowder that I never appreciated til I was an adult.
I grew up with all the wonderful things holidays bring: family, memories, & food. It was a magical time.
The fog was always thick outside & I swear I could see Santa's sleigh..or hear the bells. I don't hear the bells anymore...nor do my children.
But how can I give them or more importantly instill the Christmas spirit in them like what I had as a child.
family close around, laughing & sharing memories, the smells of unfamiliar yet familiar food.
I feel a bit guilty that my kids do not remember those Christmas'. I feel so blessed that I had them. If there is one gift I would give my children..that would be it...a Christmas year after year full of family.
However in 3 years....Christmas' will never be the same..so making the most out of now is the lesson I must learn..
Sunday, December 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Boy, three years is all you have. Wow. It's coming fast for all of us. We should all get together for a Christmas in Washington before that happens. One last hoo-rah before things change. We could have David and Todd race to put together a rocking horse or something. Re-match.
How can it be that your baby will be 18 in just 3 years? Where does the time go?
Merry Christmas!
Post a Comment