A family we mow lawns for also breeds Chihuahua's.
This is all business for them. They supplement their income by selling their dogs to celebrities & people in Europe.
Now, why didn't I think of that?
Last Friday...while mowing lawns...I pointed out how cute one particular dog was.
So the owner says "do you want her?"
I wasn't sure what to say..so i politely asked how much..he said FREE. He continued to tell me this female was purchased 4 years ago for $750! They bought her because of her color and that she was not able to get pregnant for unknown reasons. Therefore, she was useless to them. This is a business to them. No, it is not a puppy mill...very clean & loving home. "Dusty" as they call her was not able to reproduce and needed to go.
The thing that caught my attention was that he said another lady was interested..and if nobody wanted her then they would look at other options..well, that meant one thing to me...they would destroy her within time.
NO WAY..was I going to let that happen..
So i said SURE!
We will give it a trial run...
We have had her for a couple days now...and she is so sweet...the kids call her Penny. She does not bark & loves to go for car ride.
What a sweety..after posting her on my facebook today for a couple of hours our friends in South Dakota are adopting her next month. They have been looking for just the right dog! I am so happy for them.
We will enjoy her & when she leaves I will have to console Gabby..and I will be glad to have 2 dogs once again..




2 comments:
My internet has been funky since I got back. Tried to comment earlier but couldn't. Sorry!
Anyhow - glad you found the pooch a home. I don't even have a desire for one dog, so I can't imagine the work that three would create. Hope the month goes well for you!
Lucky Penny to find a loving home! Who do you know in South Dakota? Lucky Penny landed heads up!
Post a Comment