On the 17th of December, Alex had a Christmas Concert at Pocatello High School. Alex plays the french horn (one of many instruments) in concert band. It was amazing! It is shocking to believe that these high schooler's have this much talent. Many of them have scholarships before even starting their senior year. Mr. Beckstead firmly asked (told) Alex that he needed to play french horn. Alex was hesitant. He relentlessly agreed after I persuaded him and encouraged him.
The french horn is a very difficult instrument to master. It takes lots of practice and a certain style. I won't say Alex practices diligently, but he he has exceeded Mr. Beckstead's expectation's. I am so proud of his commitment to this difficult instrument. If he master's it..there is a good chance Alex could earn a scholarship. So, I am gently encouraging him and hoping he will understand the magnitude of this someday.
Not only was the sound incredible, but the beauty of all the brass was a sight including all the young men dressed in tuxes and girls in long black gowns. Parents were impressed and




3 comments:
Very cool! I have always wished that I had learned to play an instrument. Good for him - he'll be glad he did this his whole life!
Alex is so darn handsome and those beautiful Weber cheeks are to die for! They always make boys look handsomer, like Taylor Lautner.
Invite me next time Marcy. We'll be there!
Post a Comment