CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thanks

My list of thanksgiving..
1. A washer and dryer that works so, I can provide clean clothes for my family.
2. That the brakes have not gone out on my truck yet, providing me the opportunity to find creative ways to stop my "school bus."
3. The talent God has given me to be able to cut my boy's hair. Thus, saving much $ over the past 14 years.
4. A husband who works 2 jobs to try to make ends meet for our family.
5. The love and support of extended family. Without them I am sure I could not press on and reach my goals.
6. Musically talented & gifted children.
7. A house that is in a constant state of construction. It makes me appreciate my husband's wonderful talent's and all the effort he does put in when he is able to find time & $ to.
8. A job in which I am able to take care of those who cannot care for themselves.
9. A patient mother. Not so much when I was young, but now she is.
10. Facebook. I have been able to reunite with old friends & keep in touch with family members from the west coast to the east coast.
11. The piano that is in my living room. I own it and it brings me joy.
12. The ugly pink carpet in my living room that smells horrible and brings me a great amount of embarrassment when company comes. It could be green shag or neon orange.
13. The basketball hoop that was given as a Christmas gift many years ago. It makes my children happy thus make me happy. Thanks dad!
14. Polly & O'skar. They are good, submissive, and mostly obedient beautiful animals.
15. A vacuum cleaner that works.
16. I am thankful that I take no prescription medications. So, I am also thankful for herbal remedies that bring calm and balance to my life.
17. Hand me down clothes for Gabbi. What a tremendous blessing it is.
18. Cream colored comfy couches. It reminds me daily of how much I love sitting on them and how badly they need to be professionally cleaned.
19. I am thankful for my chiropractor. He keeps me straight and walking the right way.
20. Food in my cupboards and fridge, my out dated clothes, and a warm bed. There are so many people that are hungry with no food, have clothing with holes in them, and sleep on a bed of card board under bridges every night.

Happy Thanksgiving to all my family and friends. May we remember to give thanks for all the small things in our lives that we may take for granted everyday.

2 comments:

Dixon Devils

I'm truly spoiled. A husband that is a TRUE partner, 3 children in one year, no job, owning a home, and family close by. Hint, hint Marcy. PS: I hope David doesn't get stabbed tonight. I like him a lot.

Bethany

Good list, Marcy. I like the no prescription meds and the working washer and dryer ones. :)

Post a Comment