I am one of those crazy mom's who likes watching her kids play sports. I get into it. I enjoy watching them learn & grow. Ben & Zach have been attending Pocatello High School's football camp this week. The boys have been mowing lawns so I said ok. Have fun!
What they didn't tell me is that there is other costs associated with this sport. Cleats. Mouth guards. Fuel. Snacks. 2 dinners.
However, after watching boys #2 & #3 practice and learn tackle football today, I am a pleased & proud mother. This is the first year Ben has played. He starts playing on a team on Monday (the Titans). Ben has sprouted to be 5'9 so he is something the other 7th graders have to fear. He is tall & very strong. Zach has flag football experience but no tackle. I am seriously concerned for this small framed fragile little guy. I really hope the pads hold up.
I am anxiously awaiting the first game in a few weeks. Of course, I will update my blog with pics.
Wednesday, August 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Andrew is hoping that one of our boys will show some interest in football, but so far they are all a bit too chicken to face a line backer. They want nothing to do with it. So when you post pictures, I am totally going to show my boys and make sure they know that your kids survived it, and liked it!
Dallin loved playing football in 7th grade but hasn't had a drive to keep doing it. Mostly because there were so many 7th graders playing he didn't get much time on the field. He looked so cute in his uniform. Hunter likes football but doesn't like doing anything that keeps him after school every day. When I asked him if he wanted to play this year he was noncommittal.
I will look forward to their pictures.
Post a Comment